tagline: From openSUSE
- openSUSE 13.2 on suse.com or openSUSE 13.2 on opensuse.org
- openSUSE 13.1
- openSUSE 12.3
- openSUSE 12.2
- openSUSE 12.1
- openSUSE 11.4
- openSUSE 11.3
Writing, Translating, and Publishing
Since openSUSE 13.2 the release notes document is part of the openSUSE GIT at https://github.com/openSUSE/release-notes-openSUSE (formerly we used the SVN at http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/opensuse-doc/trunk/release-notes/opensuse/). xml/release-notes.xml is the English master document. We use the SUSE DocBook style sheets for producing the output formats. If you want to help with writing release notes snippets, create draft snippets in Bugzilla using the "Release Notes" category, and consider to send GIT pull requests.
The Localization teams translate the release notes in the opensuse.org translation SVN.
We are publishing the release notes as a regular software package. The name of this package is release-notes-openSUSE.
- Factory (13.2) https://github.com/openSUSE/release-notes-openSUSE
- 13.1 http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/opensuse-doc/trunk/release-notes/opensuse/
- 12.3 http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/opensuse/branches/documentation/release-notes-opensuse/12_3/
- 12.2 http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/opensuse/branches/documentation/release-notes-opensuse/12_2/
- 12.1 http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/opensuse/branches/documentation/release-notes-opensuse/12_1/
- 11.4 http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/opensuse/branches/documentation/release-notes-opensuse/11_4/
- 11.3 http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/opensuse/branches/documentation/release-notes-opensuse/11_3/
Wikipedia:Release notes - A short general definition of release notes and their content