tagline: From openSUSE
- We are looking for real time, highly interactive discussion
- with a focus on decision making
- on a topic that has had pre-meeting discussion on the mailing lists
- and the right set of people are able to attend
- with a writeup, summarized published widely to include atleast -project ML + news.o.o. to get more people aware and potentially interested in joining in on the conversations.
- Where: #openSUSE-project opensuse-project IRC channel
- When: Every other Wednesday at 15:00 UTC. See our event calendar
- Who: Everybody!
- Moderator: All project meetings are moderated by a board member
If you add things to the agenda make sure to leave your name and a detailed description of what you want to discuss. Especially if you can't participate yourself.
- Quick review of action items from last meeting (current chair)
- TAG / Micro Focus Merger
- Any other topics? (current chair)
- Next meeting date & chair (current chair)
Minutes and transcripts you can find at http://community.opensuse.org/meetings/opensuse-project/
Chairing the meeting
Here are some notes that can be useful for chairs:
- First, make sure that bugbot can be used. See "IRC Technicalities" on the meetings page.
- Useful commands are: #startmeeting, #chair, #topic, #info, #action, #undo, #endmeeting.
- Someone needs to be able to give op to bugbot. If you can't do that, please ping the usual chair.
- General rules:
- the meeting lasts one hour :-)
- encourage people to talk, but try to keep the discussion focused and interesting (sometimes, you might need to interrupt some endless discussion).
- don't forget to properly use the #topic, #info and #action bugbot commands to make sure we have proper minutes. People often forget to use #info, which makes the minutes useless, so don't hesitate to repeat what got said with #info to log that in the minutes.
- Before the meeting, gather information about the different agenda items so you can be a backup for each topic, in case the person who's supposed to deal with it is not present.
- Begin the meeting by welcoming people and reminding them about the current agenda. Ask if people have additional agenda items.
- Start each topic with #topic, and ask the person who raised the topic to introduce it and launch the discussion.
- End with a Q&A session.
- Update the topic of #opensuse-project to update the date of the next meeting.
- Send minutes to the opensuse-project mailing list.
- Clear agenda for next meeting in this wiki page.