openSUSE:Most annoying bugs 12.1
tagline: From openSUSE
- Bug #728755
- Problem: KMail migration failure with 'Unable to fetch the resource collection'.
- Cause: Incorrect value/target in ~/.kde4/share/config/specialmailcollectionsrc which points to non-existing resource file
- Workaround (1): Delete the value in specialmailcollectionsrc (deleting the whole file may also work - I did not try it), next time you start KMail the resource file will be created and specialmailcollectionsrc updated.
- Workaround (2): If you have an akonadi_maildir_resource_<number> file in ~/.kde4/share/config/ you can either rename it to match the value in specialmailcollectionsrc - or you can change the value in specialmailcollectionsrc to match the name (less rc at the end) of your existing maildir resource file.
- Bug #725917
- Problem: System is switched from sysvinit to systemd during upgrade.
- Workaround: is to install the sysvinit-init package. As soon as its install gets acknowledged the removal of the systemd-sysvinit package will be suggested.
- Bug #673845
- Problem: kernel module lp is not loaded automatically
- Workaround: Add the module named lp to file /etc/sysconfig/kernel in MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT=
- Bug #731570
- Situtation: After upgrade from older openSUSE release some KDE users have problem when log in with their usual user name; plasma crashes leaving them without desktop. If they create new user they are able to log in.
- Problem: Temporary KDE data from previous installation, stored in /var/tmp/kdecache-<user_name> are not cleared. Usually that is not a problem, but obviously in some setups it is.
- Note: Above problem can have different symptoms depends on your setup before upgrade.
- Workaround: Log in to text mode and remove offending items in /var/tmp/kdecache-<user_name> . Replace <user_name> with actual user name.
- Bug #721782
- Problem: SUSE KDM Theme doesn't allow WINBIND/SAMBA login.
- Workaround: In /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager change DISPLAYMANAGER_KDM_THEME to DISPLAYMANAGER_KDM_THEME="" in other words to empty string.
- Bug #724917
- Problem: GnuCash can't be started.
- Workaround: install the GnuCash package from home:j-engel
- Bug #746595
- Problem: NumLock is not enabled although specified in /etc/sysconfig/kbd when systemd is used
- Workaround: unknown
- Bug #731551
- Problem: with systemd, "halt" does not power off the system
- Workaround: revert to sysvinit or issue "halt -p" instead.