tagline: From openSUSE
- firstname.lastname@example.org - This is a closed mailing list so the team can discuss privately applications that might require a debate (unclear contributions, for example).
Currently the team consists of the following members (usernames in brackets):
- Andrew Wafaa (awafaa)
- Chuck Payne (terrorpup)
- Wolfgang Rosenauer (wolfir)
- Dominique Leuenberger (dimstar)
- Peter Nixon (nix)
- Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm)
- Raymond Wooninck (tittiatcoke)
- Jean-Daniel Dodin (jdd)
- Sascha Manns (saigkill)
- Jaromir Cervenka (cervajz)
- Klaas Freitag (freitag)
- Michal Hrusecky (miska)
- Jan Weber (TheCode)
- Andrea Florio (anubisg1)
- Richard Brown (Ilmehtar)
- Athanasios-Ilias Rousinopoulos (zoumpis)
Previous members of the team include:
- Vincent Untz (vuntz)
Vote membership requests
- login to connect.o.o
- go to the following link (Manage join requests for Members group) - also shortened as http://is.gd/newmembers
- clicking on the +/- numbers shows a popup with the comments, clicking on 'validation links' shows a popup with helpful links for evaluation
- to vote for applications, provide your reasons in the text field and give a +1 or -1 votes
- to remove your vote click on [x] next to your comment in the popup
- if applications gets 4x +1 or 4x -1 then you can hit Accept or Reject button.
After deciding whether to accept or to reject the application, you can modify the notification message the user will receive, and set his email alias on acceptance.
Administrate @opensuse.org email aliases
To change the email alias or target of a user, set the corresponding field(alias, target) in his profile. This can only be done by connect admins, please send requests to email@example.com .
Administrate irc cloaks
When requesting membership, the users should add their desired freenode cloak and irc username in the contributions field. Upon accepting the user as member, the membership admins will set these values in the users profile.
To get the cloak active on freenode, our irc admins download the cloak export from the connect admin page, do a diff with the existing cloaks on freenode, and request the new ones. (TODO: Add reference to the script doing this)
After the new cloaks are registered with freenode, the irc admins paste the list of nicknames to the membership admin page, which triggers a notification mail to the new members, and sets their cloak state to done.
Please send requests regarding your cloak to firstname.lastname@example.org.