tagline: From openSUSE
Welcome to the Maintenance Portal edit
Released products are expected to provide a certain degree of stability. Nevertheless bugs and security issues make it necessary to occasionally release package updates. To reduce risk of breaking running systems updates have to adhere to certain rules and need to be released in a coordinated manner.
Maintenance process edit
- prerequisite for any update is a bug report at https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/.
- to propose releasing the fix as an update the state NEEDINFO email@example.com must be set.
- after positive review by the Maintenance Team according to the openSUSE update policy the NEEDINFO will be removed with a comment.
- the packager submits fixed packages.
- the submission gets included in a testing repository.
- after postive feedback by testers of the update-test repository the update gets released into the official main update repository of the particular openSUSE version.
Notes about security updates
Bug reports for security issues are supervised by firstname.lastname@example.org instead of email@example.com. Such bug reports can also be recognized by the 'VUL-0' or 'VUL-1' prefix in the bug's subject. Apart from that the process is basically identical to normal bug fixes.