tagline: From openSUSE
Welcome to the Enlightenment Portal edit
Enlightenment, also known simply as E, is a stacking window manager for the X Window System which can be used alone or in conjunction with a desktop environment such as GNOME or KDE. Enlightenment is often used as a substitute for a full desktop environment.
The first version of Enlightenment was released by Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler) in 1997. Version 0.17, also referred to as DR17 or E17, has been in development since December 2000. It is a complete rewrite on DR16 and was designed to be a full-fledged desktop shell, based on the new Enlightenment Foundation Libraries (EFL).
Enlightenment 0.17 (a.k.a E17) released on December 21st 2012.
For more information about Enlightenment, visit http://enlightenment.org/
openSUSE Installation edit
For potential contributors edit
Things to be done:
- openSUSE integration
- fix mount/umount without using SUID binary - already done, sysactions.conf cleaned Sleep_Walker
- make space on DVD so there can be E17 instead (~ 28 MB needed)
- installation integration as next option besides KDE, Gnome, XFCE, LXDE, ...
- improve handling of su/sudo requests in xdg-utils - you can use modified xdg-utils package from Factory for now - Sleep_Walker
- is empower usable?
- make branding upstream, openSUSE and Petite Linux - Sleep_Walker
- create separate subpackage for default theme and use require it only in upstream branding, use green theme for openSUSE branding - Sleep_Walker
- check first run wizard for improvements
- alter default profile to be more SUSE
- Package Kit Module (Allow users to see new openSUSE updates and start install process without needing to manually check in yast)
- packages improvement Sleep_Walker
- build documentation
- contain packages with example code
- extra packages - a goal is to need to use as few non-EFL based applications as possible
- E modules like Forecasts, Engage...
- package webkit EFL port
- Entrance (login manager) - make it working with openSUSE
- eve web browser
- media center - enna - see Packman section below
- games - e-type?, etris?, ...?
- games - efbb, elemines, e_cho Sleep_Walker
- Epour (BitTorrent Client) https://launchpad.net/epour Simotek
- Valosoitin - (Python EFL Audio Client) https://launchpad.net/valosoitin Simotek
- photo collection manager
- ehb (enlightenment hardware browser) - SVN seems to be outdated Sleep_Walker
- elmdentica - identi.ca client, 0.8.0 seems to be outdated Sleep_Walker
- Packman - Due to licensing some packages need to link against versions in the packman repos. These include:
- emotion build against vlc module, it may be better to provide options for some other emotion modules like gstreamer
- media center - enna - for the current version see #enna on freenode (may not directly need to be in packman)
- libnfo (Doesn't require packman directly)
- libplayer (Doesn't require packman directly)
- libvalhalla - Requires avformat from packman
- create wiki page for all themes - Efstathios Iosifidis
- create openSUSE theme for E17 - Agust17 created several great themes!
- more themes (we have ~9 themes now, so not important anymore) - take from Bodhi Linux and from exchange and from e17-stuff
- improve look of edjy
- provide background also for traditional 4:3 monitor/desktop aspect
- our wiki
And also generic tasks you can work on all the time: