tagline: From openSUSE
The i.MX53 Loco (IMX53QSB) is a development board made by Freescale for evaluation of the i.MX53 platform.
- i.MX53 1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 Processor
- MC34708 PMIC
- 1 GB DDR3 memory
- LVDS connector
- VGA connector
- HDMI add–on card via expansion connector
- SPDIF output via HDMI add–on card
- Freescale SGTL5000 audio codec
- Microphone jack
- Headphone jack
- Freescale 3-axis Accelerometer MMA8450QT
- Camera CSI port signals
- I2C, SSI, SPI signals
- Full–size SD/MMC card slot
- Micro SD card slot
- 7–pin SATA data connector
- 10/100BT Ethernet port
- 2x high–speed USB Host port
- 1x Micro USB Device port
- JTAG connector
- DB–9 UART port
Installing the openSUSE 12.3 Image
- Download the latest openSUSE-12.3-ARM-JeOS-loco-*.raw.xz image at http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/ARM:/12.3:/Contrib:/IMX53/images/ .
- As root extract the image onto your SD-Card(replace sdX with the device name of your SD-Card). WARNING all previous data on the SD-Card will be lost.
xzcat [image].raw.xz | dd bs=4M of=/dev/sdX; sync
- Insert the SD-Card with the openSUSE image into your i.MX53 Loco development board.
- Connect the i.MX53 Loco development board to your PC via RS-232.
- Run a a terminal emulator on your PC, e.g. screen:
screen /dev/ttyS0 115200Replace ttyS0 with the character device name of the serial port you connected the BeagleBoard to (e.g. ttyUSB0 for a USB/Serial adapter).
- Power on the board.
- Walk through the first boot steps on the serial console.
- Have a lot of fun...
- No video