tagline: From openSUSE
The BeagleBoard-xM is a modified version of the HCL:BeagleBoard which has a faster CPU core (clocked at 1 GHz compared to the 720 MHz of the BeagleBoard), more RAM (512 MB compared to 256 MB), onboard Ethernet jack, and 4 port USB hub.
 Technical Data
- TI DM3730 Processor - 1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 core
- 512 MB LPDDR RAM
- Imagination Technologies PowerVR SGX 2D/3D graphics processor
- DVI-D (HDMI connector chosen for size - maximum resolution is 1400x1050)
- 10/100Mbit/s Ethernet
- Serial port RS-232
- 4x USB ports
- Audio in/out
- 5V Power socket
- mini-USB port
More technical data (tests and configurations) on openSUSE:Beagleboard_(xM).
 Installing the openSUSE 12.3 Image
- Download the latest image at http://download.opensuse.org/ports/armv7hl/distribution/openSUSE-stable/images/ and choose between:
- JeOS image for a minimal system openSUSE-12.3-ARM-JeOS-beagle-*.raw.xz or
- XFCE image for a graphical system openSUSE-12.3-ARM-XFCE-beagle-*.raw.xz
- As root extract the image onto your SD-Card (replace sdX with the device name of your SD-Card). WARNING: all previous data on the SD-Card will be lost.
xzcat [image].raw.xz | dd bs=4M of=/dev/sdX; sync
- Insert the SD-Card with the openSUSE image into your BeagleBoard.
- Connect the BeagleBoard-xM to your PC via serial port. (optional for XFCE image)
- Connect the BeagleBoard-xM to your monitor via DVI or HDMI. (optional for JeOS image)
- Power on the BeagleBoard-xM.
- Walk through the first boot steps on the serial console.
- Have a lot of fun...