Archive:Most annoying bugs 11.4
tagline: From openSUSE
For general information about reporting bugs, see Submit a Bug.
To directly report a bug against openSUSE 11.4, here's a shortcut.
openSUSE 11.4 Bugs
other openSUSE installations are not added to grub/menu.lst
sssd package not present on installation media. Install it from online repository.
"zypper dup" with DVD repo breaks rpm by removing liblzma0. Workaround: run "zypper up rpm" before or run after the breakage cd / ; curl lzma.zq1.de | tar -xz
lp kernel module not loaded automatically Workaround: add the module named "lp" to /etc/sysconfig/kernel:MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT
Plasma-desktop and certain other software will crash on 32-bit systems when using the proprietary Nvidia driver with versions between 256.x.x.x and 270.29. Possible workarounds:
- Use the default free Nouveau driver
- Use the proprietary driver version 270.29 or later
- Use the proprietary driver version 256.x or earlier
- Install a 64-bit system.
- Bug #666450
Samba server won't start. Possible workarounds:
- run Update Profile Wizard (may be necessary two times: one time in order to get nmbd and smbd running and a second time in order to get access to the data)
- quick and unrecommended workaround: disable AppArmor in YaST
- Bug #675398
BlueDevil can't send files via Bluetooth. Workaround: Install the package obexd-client
GNOME 3 Preview / GNOME Shell not working by default. An online update of gjs is available to fix this.
radeon/radeonhd [R3xx-R5xx] Screen distortion with KMS / Immediate Xserver crash with UMS (DRI related). Workaround: