tagline: From openSUSE
Do things as quickly as possible (but no quicker) with your files, bookmarks, applications, music, contacts, and more!
GNOME Do (or simply Do) is an action oriented application launcher that allows you to quickly search for many items present on your desktop or the web, and perform useful actions on those items. It not only allows searching, but also allows specified actions to be performed on the search results. It can also be configured to provide a Docking interface in addition to, or as a replacement of the default desktop panel.
openSUSE includes GNOME Do on the GNOME desktop and it is configured to start up at login by default.
Hit the Windows key + SpaceBar to bring it up.
 What Do helps you do
- Search and launch applications quickly
- Search for applications, documents, directories, email contacts, firefox bookmarks, etc. from one handy interface that lets you specify actions to execute on a selected result
- Search media collection in Banshee or Rhythmbox
- Plugins enable additional functionality
- Switch to a docky interface (from Preferences) that can replace the default panel in the desktop
 Example: Search your Banshee media collection from Do
- Hit Windows key+Spacebar and type Banshee, and hit the Down arrow key to bring up the search results (see image in the Info-box).
- From here you can choose to conventionally launch Banshee, or search your Banshee media collection for the selected text.
- Select this second option, using the down key and hit Tab,
- Type in a word.
- Hit enter to search your media collection in Banshee for the entered word.