openSUSE:Foundation legal form
tagline: From openSUSE
The name of the foundation is openSUSE. The Foundation's registered office is located in Nuremberg, Germany.
In the discussion of this topic (discussion) we could see that:
- most of the openSUSE admins are from Germany or the nearby countries;
- german associations can receive donations;
- dealing with software pattents (as in "restricted formats") in not the primary goal of the foundation;
- however, the main foundation langage have to be english, so all the legal stuff will have to be translated acurately before any discussion.
- The legal form of the foundation is to be a German voluntary association (wikipedia:Eingetragener_Verein).
- The board is elected by the general meeting of the members
- Board decisions require a simple majority (quorum)
- super majority in case of spending over $X (full board)
- The board can pass motions (by simple majority) to delegate to committees or have only one or two person's OKs being sufficient, etc...
- super-majority to disband the e.V.
- number of directors
- Officers of the Foundation
- Vice President
- Description of Board duties and responsibilities
Quorum voting procedures