tagline: From openSUSE
Instlux make it easy to install openSUSE from windows. Simply run the installer from Windows, and do not worry any more about configuring your system to boot from a CD or DVD.
From Microsoft Windows
- Insert your openSUSE media in your DVD drive.
- Go to My Computer > CD/DVD Drive
- Click on openSUSE_LOCAL.exe
- Select the desired language
- Click next and install Instlux
- Reboot your system, it will automatically start the openSUSE installer.
Instlux is based on Marc Herbert's web page and was started as a sourceforge.net project on October 2005.
- You can access the code at SourceForge.net
In order to compile it on Windows, you will need:
- nsis for linux
- GetVersion (Windows) Plugin for NSIS
- System plugin for NSIS
- inetc plugin
- python installed.
Then, just run the make_instlux.py script.